I think the video below summarised the essence of major religions in the world.
1. a man who fell into a hole
2. the man tried to get out but he couldn’t
3. every religion wanted to help the man
4. the man tried all suggested ways because he wanted to leave the hole
5. by his own strength, the man became weary and remained in the hole
6. the man was asked if he wanted to be freed
7. when the man nodded, God sent Jesus into the hole, where the man was, and rescued him out of the hole
Although I did not go through the same journey of experiencing all possible religions like the man in the video, I had searched for a faith that could save me from the troubles in my life.
Like the man in the video, I was once in a dark pit, alone, helpless and tired.
Then one day, someone shared with me the good news, and I took a step of faith to accept Christ into my life.
I began to read the bible and pray. I am encouraged and comforted by the words in the bible. As I pray, something supernatural happens and I can see light even in the darkest times.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Yes, it’s like the final scene depicted in the video.
I was carried out from the dark pit to the light by Jesus.
~* John 12: 44-47 *~
Then Jesus cried out, “When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.